Saturday, August 1, 2009

My E Book

My E Book is an online tool that allows users to create, publish and share ebook content online. Users can upload documents or create an ebook from scratch with their easy to use publishing tools that are available. Users can create ebooks on any topic they want and share with anyone who may be interested in reading what they have to say.

In a classroom, students could use this tool to research as they would in a library. Instead of having to borrow out books, students can download their books and view them at home. Like Wikipedia, students would have to be aware of the validity of the information contained within the ebooks that they choose for their research.

There is a huge selection of ebooks available for viewing at this site. When I searched "ICT", an ebook called 'ICT and a person with Special Needs' came up. This ebook contains how a person with special needs uses ICT to help her study while she is at school.

Myebook - ICT and a Person with Special needs - click here to open my ebook
My E Book - another useful tool in a contemporary classroom!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma,
    I have yet to explore this site in depth, I did not realize that there were books there to look at. Silly me. I will go into it and see what I can find. This opens up a new way for me to look at this site. I thought it was only to compile books and I was having trouble finding the time to compile one for my blog. Now I see I can also read them, so I will browse and upload one for my blog. Thanks for the insight here.
    cheers Joanne

    ReplyDelete